Many women over the age of 40 are faced with the fact that the skin quickly begins to lose elasticity, becomes lethargic and lifeless, relaxed. But the natural changes associated with age are not always the main reason for skin deterioration. And to achieve rejuvenation and lifting of the skin, you do not need to contact a plastic surgeon immediately. An excellent effect can be achieved at home.
Reasons for loss of skin elasticity
In addition to natural aging, which cannot be completely stopped, the skin loses elasticity under the influence of other factors, and the main ones are described below.
- Exposure to UV radiation.This phenomenon is called photoaging. Under the influence of direct sunlight or intense exposure to ultraviolet radiation in the solarium, the skin becomes dehydrated and collagen fibers are destroyed.
- Dehydration.If the drinking regime is not followed, especially during active sports, in hot climates or in winter, with the constant operation of the heating device, the skin becomes very dry, begins to peel and become covered with fine lines.
- Vitamin deficiency.Especially the lack of B vitamins, retinol, as well as antioxidants C and E. With a lack of vitamins, the skin becomes flabby, relaxed, becomes earthy, peeling is possible.
- Bad habits.Smoking, alcohol, lack of sleep and physical activity negatively affect the condition of the whole body. However, the most noticeable changes are on the skin of the face, especially in women after 40 years.
- Irregular and improper skin care.Excessive use of decorative cosmetics, improperly selected care products, as well as irregular care lead to the skin becoming matte and lifeless.
Home rejuvenation techniques
Since the beauty of the skin is directly affected by both external and internal factors, in order to achieve its rejuvenation, lifting effect and visible renewal, it is necessary to take a holistic approach to solving the problem.
First of all, you will have to revise your habits, lifestyle and make certain adjustments to them, which will very quickly positively affect your appearance and the condition of your body as a whole.
- Regular and systemic skin care.Below are the main care recommendations.
- Solid healthy sleep.You need to rest at least 7-8 hours a night, the pillow should not be too high and the bed soft. It is better to sleep on your back so that wrinkles and new wrinkles do not form on your face.
- Compliance with the drinking regime.To keep the skin and body from becoming dehydrated, you need to drink at least 1. 5-2 liters of clean water a day. It is better to drink natural mineral water without gas or herbal teas.
- A walk in the fresh air.They saturate cells with oxygen, activate blood circulation, improve the way. Restores a healthy glow and fresh look to the skin.
- Use sunscreen.Protects the skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, prevents premature aging. You must use sunscreen not only in summer, but also at any time of the year if you will be in the sun for more than 30-40 minutes.
- Stop bad habits.Or at least a significant reduction in the amount of cigarettes and alcohol consumed. Within a month you will notice an improvement in your skin condition.
- Careful selection of care products.Choose creams and masks taking into account skin type and problems to be solved. When buying, pay attention to the shelf life and storage conditions. After 40 years, the use of cosmetics containing alcohol is not recommended.
- Proper use of cosmetics.Replace thick foundations with light BB balms that correct the complexion while nourishing and moisturizing the skin.
- Revision child.Include as many fresh vegetables and fruits as possible in your diet, limit your intake of coffee and black tea. Take a multivitamin if needed.
In order for a woman's face to remain fresh and beautiful after the age of 40, it must be regularly and thoroughly cleansed of impurities and dead cells of the upper layer of the epidermis. This is easy to do at home with a peel that you can buy at the store or prepare yourself.
You can prepare a universal peel for any skin type using the usual washing gel. Squeeze a little gel on the palm, add ½ teaspoons of baking soda and salt, mix well. Apply the mixture on a damp face and gently massage in a circular motion, then rinse with lukewarm water.
Ice Cube Massage
After peeling, tones and tightens the skin, massage with ice cubes. Ice for massage is best made from strong green tea or herbal decoctions:
- sage; celandine; St. John's wort;
- mother and stepmother.
The soup should be saturated, so it is prepared at the rate of 1 tbsp. spoon of dried herbs per 100 ml. water. Pour boiling water over the plant, leave for 5 minutes on low heat, then cover and wrap with a towel so that the broth is well poured. When completely cooled, pour into ice cube trays.
In the morning, after washing or peeling, wipe your face in an circular motion with an ice cube along the massage lines. The duration of the procedure is individual, depending on the condition of the skin and your feelings. The skin should not freeze, after the ice massage it should get a fresh pink color. Severe redness means that hypothermia has occurred and the procedure should be shortened.
Also, at home you can easily prepare lifting masks that perfectly tighten and refresh the skin. The most popular of these are protein and gelatin.
Proteins with aloe and honey
This mask, in addition to providing an excellent lifting effect, is also a real vitamin bomb. Honey contains more than 300 vitamins and microelements, and aloe pulp rejuvenates the skin, perfectly moisturizes it and starts the processes of cell regeneration.
- 1 egg white;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of honey;
- 1 leaf of aloe.
Recipe:Whisk the protein well with the honey until a whitish foam is obtained. Separate the aloe pulp from the skin, chop thoroughly, add to the protein foam while mixing well. Apply the mask on your face and leave for 20-30 minutes. Then remove the residue with a napkin and rinse with lukewarm water
Gelatinous with banana and lemon
Perfectly cleanses, brightens and refreshes the face. Banana contains many valuable nutrients needed to improve the condition of the skin, and lemon juice contains a large amount of young vitamin C.
- 1 tbsp. spoon of gelatin;
- half a banana;
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Recipe:pour 3 tablespoons of gelatin. spoons of water and leave for 30-40 minutes to swell, then heat in a water bath until the granules are completely dissolved. Mash the banana until it becomes puree. Slowly pour the slightly cooled gelatin into the banana puree, stirring constantly. When the mass becomes homogeneous, pour lemon juice, stir again and apply on face evenly. Leave for 20-30 minutes, then remove with a napkin and rinse with lukewarm water.